Thursday, May 26, 2011

What to do with your Expireds? (Frugally)

Please let me know if you would like to send your coupons overseas to US bases to help support military families over there.

I have a place I send mine and would gladly share the information.

Also, if you would like to contribute and do not have the time to clip/sort/send yourself. I will  CLIP/SORT/SEND them if you send them to me.

The base I send to accepts them bagged up by expiration date that way they get a great potluck in each bag and the box can be opened and distrubuted instantly.

Here's how I do this frugally if you want to know how:
  • I purchase by zip sealed (not fold over) sandwich bags from the Dollar Tree. They have a 62 count box that works well.
  • I do not send expired IPs (internet printables) overseas to help cut down on coupon fraud.
  • I take the extra paper that is usually thrown in the recycling bin from cutting out IPs and write what month and year on it and put in into each bag after filling it a little.
  • I classify coupons by size after sorting by month. I promise you can maximize your space in your bags by doing it this way. The sizes are square and rectangular. If you can stack all the squares up you can fit them next to each other in the bag and then put the rectangular ones in behind them.
  • I pick up a flat rate box or 2 from the post office along with a couple of Customs Forms. The boxes are free but the postage is flat rate. Postage you pay depends on the box size you get.
  • Then you send off your box(es) and REPEAT lol.
I do not tally face value or anything like that. I used to but it is definitely way to time consuming and I'm only one person lol.

But again if you would like me to do all the "leg work" and just would like send them to me that is fine to. Please email me at darkenmind1326@yahoo.com and put something about "expired coupons" and what website or person referred you to me in the subject line. I will gladly love to chat with ya. I'm based in/around Columbia SC.

Rebekah~

No comments:

Post a Comment